The City Manager is the administrative official responsible for implementing City Council policies.
The city manager's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership and organizational development for all city departments
- Preparing the annual budget for council action
- Providing professional assistance to the City Council
- Administering all law and policies established by the City Council
- Appointing and evaluating department heads and their operations
- Undertaking special projects to provide analysis and evaluation of existing and proposed city systems and procedures