program is available to purchasers of trees under the following conditions:
1. The tree(s) must be planted on your property located in the city limits of McCook.
2. Two trees will be rebated per property owner or tenant, per lot, per spring and per fall. A third tree may be purchased and rebated if at least one of the three trees is planted on the terrace street right-of-way in the spring or in the fall. The owner must contact Digger's Hotline at 1-800-331-5666 for locates prior to planting the tree.
3. Trees must be a minimum of six feet (6') high.
4. Trees must be one of the following types:
Elm (Dutch Elm Disease Resistant)
Maple (Norway, Superform and Emerald Queen)
Thornless, Seedless Honey Locust
Canadian Red Cherry
Flowering Crab Apple
Purple Leaf Plum
Callery Pear (excluding Bradford Pear)
Oak (English, White, Heritage or Bur Oak)
5. Trees must be purchased by residents of McCook from McCook businesses.
6. Trees must be purchased between the dates of March 27, 2017 and June 9, 2017 with rebate
requests received by June 23, 2017 in the spring. Trees must be purchased between the dates of August 28, 2017 and November 24, 2017 with rebate requests received by December 8, 2017 in the fall.
7. Upon planting the tree, the property owner shall mulch around the base of the tree a diameter of three (3') feet and two (2") inches deep, with a shredded wood or wood chip type mulching material. The cost of this mulching material may be included in the cost of the tree provided that the cost does not exceed the maximum rebate amount.
8. In order to receive a rebate, the purchaser must present a paid sales slip stating the type, size and cost of the tree to the City Clerk at the McCook City Offices. Upon presenting the paid sales slip, the purchaser will be required to sign a certification stating that the tree will be planted in accordance with these guidelines.
9. FOCUS TREE - OAK (ENGLISH, WHITE, HERITAGE OR BUR OAK): A rebate equal to 75% of the total purchase price of each Oak (price of tree plus price of mulch material), not to exceed $100.00 per tree (maximum of three trees), will be paid upon meeting the guidelines set out above.
10. SHADE TREES & ORNAMENTAL TREES: A rebate equal to 75% of the total purchase price of each shade and ornamental tree (price of tree plus price of mulch material), not to exceed $75.00 per tree (maximum of three trees), will be paid upon meeting the guidelines set out above.
11. Non residential or any other special exception plantings must be approved by the McCook Tree Advisory Board before the rebate will be offered.